We recognize that EMERGE offices may not be local to all who wish to utilize our services. For this reason we have made Short Term Services available. For this service, those who live out of town can come to any of our locations to receive accelerated counseling services over the course of 3-4 days.
Psychological testing will be done in order to best assist the clinician to establish a baseline in which to work from. This helps our counselors to quickly define the areas of personal strengths and growth areas.
EMERGE calls this specialized service Short Team Evaluation and Psychotherapy (STEP).
EMERGE strives to make you feel at home during your important journey to health, hope and healing.
*Hotel Discounted Rates have been established. Please contact our Client Registration Specialists to be emailed a list of suggested hotels to utilize during your stay.
The following are the top 15 issues reported from pastors and missionaries seeking mental health care from 2010-2015 at EMERGE Counseling Services.
TOP 15 for Males
1. Not getting enough exercise
2. Being overweight
3. Feeling depressed or sad
4. Feeling anxious or uptight
5. Being tired and having no energy
6. Friend or family member being emotionally upset
7. Being criticized by others
8. Child or spouse having emotional problem
9. Having trouble concentrating
10. Having unsatisfactory sexual relationship
11. Being afraid of failing on the job
12. Budgeting money
13. Feeling guilty
14. Feeling lonely
15. Tie: Having constant arguments with spouse
Having sexual problems in marriage
Not making time for leisure activities
TOP 15 for FEMALES
1. Feeling depressed or sad
2. Feeling anxious or uptight
3. Feeling lonely
4. Being overweight
5. Not getting enough exercise
6. Being criticized by others
7. Child or spouse having emotional problem
8. Not making enough money
9. Being tired and having no energy
10. Not being able to relax
11. Having sexual problems in marriage
12. Not being understood by spouse
13. Friend or family member being emotionally upset
14. Having poor eating habits
15. Tie: Not having close friends
Having poor sleeping habits